El olive oil It is an essential ingredient in the Mediterranean diet. There are varieties of oil from other plants, but none as delicious as olive oil. Today we will tell you the oil benefits olive, and on how you can incorporate this delicious ingredient to several of your dishes. Find out!
The main benefits: olive oil
Liquid gold. This is what many people call the olive oil, an ingredient that has become essential in the kitchen of the highest quality. The diet mediterranean incorporates its flavor in most dishes and recipes that compose it. And it is not for less, since this variant of oil is extremely healthy if we compare it with its sisters from other origins.
The variety of efectos beneficiosos have a lot to do with the amount of oleic acids y Antioxidants natural. It will always be better to take the extra virgin variant, and if it can be an early harvest, even better. There are many direct benefits quite a few acquaintances exist countless studies scientists that corroborate that extra virgin olive oil is a healthy food that prevents enfermedades cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, which increases longevity….
Today we will enter the benefits major that this type of oil can provide us just by adding it to the recipes that we like the most. We must always bear in mind that we should not to abuse never of any food, regardless of what beneficial Let it be part of our health. Everything in excess is bad, and olive oil is not a exception.
Benefits of all kinds
- Strengthening the immune system: It is recognized by professors that virgin olive oil is a perfect ally against bacterial and viral infections, since it increases the number of cells that participate in our body's defensive processes. Oil helps by providing greater resistance to external agents and all kinds of pathogens.
- Helps with cholesterol levels: The oleic acid present in olive oil reduces bad cholesterol levels and increases good cholesterol, as long as we don't abuse it, of course.
- Helps with blood circulation: The effects of the Mediterranean diet on our body are related to a 66% reduction in the risk of suffering circulation problems in the legs and arms. The fatty acids that make it up increase arterial dilation, improving blood circulation and lowering pressure in the arteries.
- It is used to combat constipation: Olive oil serves as a natural remedy against constipation thanks to its laxative effect. It helps regulate intestinal transit and go to the bathroom when it's time.
More and more benefits olive oil
Olive oil reduces gastric acid secretion, helping to avoid heavy digestions. At the same time, it is a very rich source of vitamins A, D, E and K.
- VITAMIN A: It is responsible for the maintenance of bones and soft tissues, as well as the development of vision, skin and infection prevention.
- VITAMIN D: Helps absorb and regulate calcium and phosphorus in the blood.
- VITAMIN E: Protects us from viruses and bacteria.
- VITAMIN K: Regulates blood coagulation, necessary for bone growth and care.
It can also be used for prevent certain types of Cancer. Polyphenol enzymes, a natural organic compound isolated from extra virgin olive oil, help cause cancer cell death without altering the healthy cells. It also reduces the development of tumors prostate, breast, colon and intestine.
Finally, it helps to keep the memory. Protects memory and learning ability, greatly reducing the risk of Alzheimer. Our Vitamins E and K, which we have already talked about before, are very important for brain health. In addition, it can protect the brain from oxidation caused by toxins.
What do you think? Did you know these benefits of extra virgin olive oil? It is one of the most appreciated ingredients of our gastronomy for all these reasons.